Here is a quick major update, for all those who are wondering what has been going on in our lives this past year . . . 2009 was a crazy one, a yr. Paul and I look back on having gained a lot of growth. They say the first year of marriage is the hardest. But for us, it was year the second year that sent us on a roller coaster ride that will not soon be forgotten.
Feb. 23 , 2009 was the day we found out that I was pregnant. Paul, being the great guy that he is was thrilled! I on the other hand cried my eyes out for 2 weeks, wondering how and why, and once again how this had happened to me... (ps. that is a whole different story in itself). But, the Lord has a plan for us, even if it is not the one I had so carefully prepared in my mind. Yep, I had the next 3 years of my life planned out quite nicely, but I guess Heavenly Father though my plan wasn't exciting enough :) So, with faith, support of family, a great doctor, and a loving husband, I threw myself into the excitement and thrill of being prego. Oh, and I also began throwing up- 4x per day! Yes, and my "morning sickness" was really all day sickness that meant I was sick for 7 out of the 9 months. So, by March I gave up my very much loved nannying job for the Sanchez Family boys, and instead became best buds with my toilet.
Sadly, in May my mom, my best friend, found out that her 2 year fight with Cancer was coming to a close. Although she fought a good fight, the Lord needed her and had other work for her to do. Paul and I spent the Summer months taking care of her 24/7, up until a week before her passing. Those were some of the hardest and best days we had together. She joined her mother who had also died of Cancer, on June 26, 2009. This was a very dark time for me, and I am thankful that I was able to keep the baby despite my failing physical and emotional self. I also found out at this time, that I was going to be having a lil girl, and although I was very pleased, I couldn't help but feel sad that my mom wouldn't be here to see the birth of her 1st grandchild- she had told me all along that the thought it would be a girl...
In October things began looking up, as we prepared to move into our 1st home! We were so excited, and we love our place out in Queen Creek! Finally, Nov. arrived, and my due date, Nov 3, came and went. Yes, I was a week late! I was induced at 6pm on Nov. 9th, at Banner Gateway in Gilbert. I must say, I feel blessed because the delivery went quite smoothly, and I remained fairly calm! The epidural helped, I'm sure :) I gave birth to BRIGHTLIE DONNA REIDHEAD at 2:55pm on 11-10-09. We had lots of visitors in the hospital, and it was an unforgettable experience. Paul was instantly wrapped around her finger! She is certainly Daddy's Lil Girl.
Recently, we enjoyed celebrating Christmas and the New Year with our new lil family, and life is moving forward, as we prepare to celebrate our 2 year anniversary in April. 2009 was a crazy one, but I know it has made Paul and I stronger! However, we am looking forward to 2010, and having a new lil one to share it with
Kristi,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family you have! Absolutely adorable...and it's so good to see you and Paul so happy. What a trying and strengthening time for you. I'm glad that you can find happiness in the joy of your daughter. Love and miss you!