*Brightlie- so very cute!! (6 months old tomorrow!)
*Brightlie & mommy- our 1st Mother's Day!
*Tiffany & Me,and our babies! Best friends!
(Tiff talked in church today)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
So, today was my very 1st official Mother's Day. What a day- it was a very emotional one. Today I got to celebrate my most divine role- my true calling in life- the joy of being a mother. I love being a Mom! I love waking up to hear my baby crying in the morning, and then seeing her smile when I lean over her crib. I love the way she giggles, and struggles to sit up, and how she is so curious about this big world she is in. I love watching her grow, and move, and knowing that she is mine. It's hard work, and not always fun, but it truly is worth it. Each day I am so happy to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us, and that our families can be eternal, and that being a Mom is a divine calling that will last throughout the eternities. Brightlie is my sweet baby, and she brings me so much joy every day. It is amazing how my love for her continues to grow each day, even though I can't imagine loving her more than I already do. : )
In contrast, today was also the 1st Mother's Day where I've felt truly completely alone. Today I mourned the passing of my own mom, Donna. She was my best friend, my personal cheer leader. She was always there for me, and I never doubted her love for me. I wanted so badly for her to be here with me and Brightlie today, to celebrate with me, to be proud of me...
Being alone is a horrible realization. Your mom is usually, if not always, your "go-to" person. And for me, it's the daily reminders that she's gone that add up so quickly. Needing a friend, perfecting her pie recipe, wanting to show off Brightlie's accomplishments, wondering what to do when B has a stuffy nose, needing someone to go to your ward's Mother -Daughter enrichment, wondering who will stay with you when your 3 day old newborn won't stop crying.... yes, today officially confirmed that I am alone, and it was a pretty miserable feeling. However, I hope that somewhere my mom was watching me, and that she is happy, and that she misses me too.
For any of you girls who are reading this, I hope you give your mom a big hug the next time you see her....
No comments:
Post a Comment